Enterprise Apps for the Telecom Industry
An industry in need of reinvention
As telecom providers face fierce competition from VoIP and other modern communication channels, enabled by the proliferation of the internet and 5G networks, they must explore new and innovative business models and means of generating recurring revenue. One way to do this is by offering additional services, the other – by exploring new audiences. Either way, developing applications for telecom can be the winning ticket towards the industry’s revival and reinvention. Read on to find out why.
How enterprise telco apps are pumping new blood into a stale industry
With mobile service revenues reaching trillions of dollars in 2020, grabbing a share of a previously dynamic but changing market, can be tricky. Developing in-demand new service offerings, supported by dedicated mobile applications, is a powerful way to go about achieving more aggressive growth goals.
Not only can telco operators earn additional market share and increase revenue, they can also improve their crisis management, customer service, and reporting thanks to well-built telecom enterprise apps. When standing out from the competition is essential for survival, well-functioning tools and solutions can mean the difference between mediocrity and greatness.
Examples of telco enterprise applications
To increase efficiency, while improving the speed and quality of service at the same time, consider building one or more enterprise applications for telecom. The opportunities for building such apps are virtually limitless; below we’ve included a few ideas that could be a great addition to your existing app portfolio:
- B2B sales support: telco sales apps can be a great companion for your salesforce in the field, helping them present service offerings better and close more deals
- B2C retail and m-commerce: most telco providers offer consumer-facing apps that let users check their balance, upgrade their plan, purchase additional packages and services, top up their account, and manage their sim cards
- User experience: some innovative telco operators are teaming up with digital content providers to provide enhanced services and rich user experiences that cannot be easily replicated by the competition
- Service request management, customer support: easily manage all your requests for service and support via this type of telecom apps
- Crisis management: apps can help your organization manage both routine maintenance and exceptional telco issues, such as faulty networks, fiber optic cabling and testing, electric circuit quality assurance, electric equipment checks, server maintenance, surge protection audits, networking tracking and troubleshooting
- Reporting: reporting and visualization apps can help you make sense of a quickly changing network and service landscape, allowing you to stay on top of any potential issues.
Internal telecom apps for staff
Not only can the right applications help you outwit the competition, they can also aid you in solving internal human resource challenges like low productivity, speed of task completion, lack of staff training, burnout, or job monotony. This will, in turn, help reduce staff turnover and increase job satisfaction, helping you retain personnel and reduce costs. Efficient, well-designed and developed internal telco apps can change the lives of your workers, saving them headaches and time spent navigating cumbersome, poorly designed systems. Prevent hassles by working with an established enterprise application developer who can circumvent all these issues, delivering efficient, fast, and user-friendly applications for both external and internal stakeholders.
Benefits of building and utilizing enterprise apps for telecom
A well thought out and executed mobile app can help you connect all your digital telecommunications services under one roof, helping you serve various stakeholders. In many cases, you might want to split up applications by stakeholders or functions, while you keep the same look and feel. Working with one app developer to accomplish this is crucial to ensure continuation and consistency. You want to make the user experience for both B2B and B2C customers, as well as internal staff smooth and seamless.
Achieve a competitive advantage with telco enterprise apps
Applications can act as a driver of new business for telecom operators when they are researched, planned and executed well. We recommend working with an experienced enterprise application developer like Verhaert Digital, who will help you achieve ambitious growth targets through a structured software development and maintenance approach.